Conversion of archival-bound books to digital format
BoardDocs the fastest, easiest and most powerful paperless eGovernance solution
What is Records Management?
OU BOCES comprehensive Records Management Program was developed to provide school districts and public agencies with the service of a Records Management Team. The experienced team provides leadership training and organizational skills necessary to establish a systematic Records Management Program in the participating organization:
The Office of Records Management offers the following services:
• Inventories, need assessments and appraisals of active and inactive records
• File management and procedures for active and inactive records
• Adherence to the Retention and Disposition Schedules
• Develop, design and implement systems for inactive storage rooms
• Purging and disposition of obsolete records according to the retention schedules provided by the state
• Strategies for making records accessible
• Microfilming of paper documents
• Conversion of microfilm and paper to digital format
• Electronic Content Management System (ECMS) called OUB e-doc
• Large format printing, scanning and copying
• Digital conversion of archival bound books
• Strategies for storage and preservation
• Storage for inactive boxed records, maps/plans and microfilm
• Provide BoardDocs for eGovernance and support for preservation through OUB e-doc
• Shared Records Management Specialist for records management projects
• Staff available for any records management concerns
• Assist in records management policies and procedures
Cheryl Steinbach Archive Award (2013)
(PDF - 140 KB)
This award is presented each year to a local agency in New York State that has demonstrated exemplary leadership in managing records "economically and effectively."
NYALGRO Guy D. Paquin Award (2014)
(PDF - 825 KB)
The Guy D. Paquin Award is presented to an individual or organization to honor noteworthy achievements and exceptional support and involvements in the records management profession.
pdf file: You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (version 7 or higher) to view this file. Download the free Adobe Acrobat Reader for PC or Macintosh.